We’ve been back at the office for two weeks now and we figured it was time to say “Hi!” and let us update you on some SideOneDummy related news. 2013 is building up to be quite an exciting year for us. Here is just a little preview of some projects currently on deck.
Since last year, everyone at the office has been excited about releasing the new Restorations record. Their new album is done, mastered and being held in a vault guarded by really badass shark robots. New record hits stores in March. We’ll be teasing you all with new tracks on a 7”…be on the lookout for that announcement later this week.
Skinny Lister is hitting the road on Flogging Molly’s Annual Green 17 Tour. The tour starts January 24th and continues all the way through March 17th. You can check out all the dates and buy tickets HERE! Skinny Lister’s SideOneDummy debut, ‘Forge and Flagon,’ is available now in our online store. Purchase the CD for $8 HERE!
Chuck Ragan’s Revival Tour was announced last week. The 2013 lineup features Dave Hause (The Loved Ones), Tim McIlrath (Rise Against), Jenny O., Rocky Votolato and Jenny Owen Youngs. If you’re considering attending this amazing tour, BUY TICKETS at www.therevivaltourtix.com where you’re able to purchase tickets and some exclusive items like a Revival Tour Poster, a flask and a ‘Covering Ground’ Picture Disc LP (image available via tickets link).
That’s it. We’re working on tons of cool stuff but we’ll leave you with that for now.
iTunes has all the above SideOneDummy releases for only $6.99 up until the beginning of the new year. You can take advantage of this offer now by clicking the links below for each release.
Title Fight - Floral Green
The Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound
The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
The Horrible Crowes - Elsie
Audra Mae & The Almighty Sound - S/T
Trapper Schoepp & The Shades - Run, Engine, Run
Chuck Ragan - Covering Ground
Xavier Rudd - Spirit Bird
Anti-Flag - The General Strike
Rev Peyton Big Damn Band - Between The Ditches
We Are The Ocean - Maybe Today, Maybe Tomorrow
Southern California - October 4, 2012 - Limbeck, the Southern California rock band, that has transformed its ambivalent relationship with the open road into three critically acclaimed albums are proud to announce a brand new 7” and the "Holidaze with Limbeck" tour.
After a 3 year hiatus from touring Limbeck is re-uniting as four piece for the first time since 2008 for three full band shows that the band has dubbed “Holidaze With Limbeck.” The shows will feature Trapper Schoepp & The Shades along with another very special guest.
Limbeck will also be releasing a new 7” that features 2 previously unreleased track. The A side “Already Gone” which was in 2006 during the sessions for the bands self titled album, but has never seen the light of day until now. The B side features a breath taking cover of The Replacements’ “Skyway.” Vocalist Robb MacLean explained the cover by saying
" ‘Skyway’ was also a by-product of living at the studio during the recording of our self-titled release. This is a live recording that we happened to make while we were learning the song. We had intended to release a split 7" with Lucero of each band doing Replacements covers. The split never came to fruition, but we ended up with a nice little track anyway!"
Drummer Jonny Phillip added
"Patrick (guitarist of Limbeck) and I listened to our cover of "Skyway" a couple of years ago and thought it breathed very well and sounded cool. Before mixing I had my friend Daniel McMahon play organ on it, which really tied the song together."
The tracks were mixed and mastered by Justin Perkins at Mystery Room Mastering, The Already Gone/Skyway 7” will be released via SideOneDummy Records on December 11th, 2012, it will be limited to 1,000 copies, including 300 on “Limbeck van silver” that will be availably exclusively at the Holidaze shows.
Formed in 1999, the four-piece has developed a following with the release of 2001’s Hi, Everything’s Great and non stop touring with the likes of Motion City Soundtrack, fun., The All American Rejects, Lucero. All Music Guide called Limbeck "jangley and sun-soaked, countrified pop that is equal parts Beach Boys, Wilco and Tom Petty" and Paste said "(Limbeck’s) tunes are so infectious you’ll inevitably show up in the emergency room at some point, begging to have a doctor surgically remove them from your skull."
A stream of the bands new track “Already Gone” is available via SoundCloud <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Q_w3eKPXwnYqkgVMasj0vMLzdEAHQg4odlwkGh46ApSsJ7uPdYpjCi3ucyeFDGp-v6MgfZgbEUcjIQ_sYniTymqWz9wqFLaLgyGrYRMH8mF2GNGzEvDnL9_BwJre6YrQcobPmgNy0Pm4pdeq2HDbcdJpVZAMC2wD> and a list of tour dates can be found below.
Holidaze With Limbeck Tour
- 12/14/12 - San Francisco, CA - Bottom of the Hill
- 12/15/12 - Anaheim, CA - Chain Reaction
- 12/16/12 - Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom
We know we’re a lot over half of the year, but it’s never too late to share what some of our staff and friends have been jamming to in 2012. Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s been fairly quiet this year as far as releases go. Hopefully the second half of 2012 is gonna pull out some big guns although it’s clear that the first half has convinced our participants that The Menzingers are not to be messed with. Here are some of our favorite records so far in 2012. Enjoy.
Johnny B - SideOneDummy’s very own Mr. “I Bet My Inbox Is Bigger Than Yours”
- Japandroids : Celebration Rock
- The Menzingers: On The Impossible Past
- Alabama Shakes : Boys and Girls
- The Lumineers: s/t
- Lucero: Women and Work
- Bruce Springsteen: Wrecking Ball
- Father Jon Misty: Fear Fun
Eddie - Reason Why Your SideOneDummy Releases Are At Your Local Record Store
- Hot Water Music - Exister
- Nada Surf – The Stars Are Indifferent To Astronomy
- Japandroids – Celebration Rock
- The Sidekicks – Awkward Breeds
- Xavier Rudd – Spirit Bird
- JD McPhereson – Signs & Signifiers
Matt Baldizzle - The NEW New Guy
- 1. The Downtown Struts - “Victoria”
- 2. The Menzingers - “…On The Impossible Past”
- 3. Hot Water Music - Exister
- 4. Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory
- 5. Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
- 6. Pennywise - All Or Nothing
- 7. Lucero - Women and Work
- 8. Anti-Flag - The General Strike
- 9. Best Coast - The Only Place
- 10. Cheap Girls - Giant Orange
Albums I haven’t gotten enough time to listen to that should be on the list: Mixtapes - “Even On The Worst Nights” and Teenage Bottlerocket - “Freak Out”
Tom Morris - Dude Is Into Bowie
- Jack White: Blunderbuss
- Alabama Shakes: Boys & Girls
- The Lumineers: S/T
- The Hives: Lex Hives
- David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust (40th Anniversary Remaster)
Thomas - Our In House French Translator
- Xavier Rudd “Spirit Bird”
- 1995 “La Suite”
- Alabama Shakes “Boys and Girls”
- The Virgins “S/T”
- Lowell “Demos”
Phoebe - Internus Helpalotus
- The Menzingers - On The Impossible Past
- Sharks - No Gods
- Hot Water Music - Exister
- Japandroids - Celebration Rock
- The Hives - Lex Hives
Dave McWane - Crooner for metal band Big D and The Kids Table
- Reel Big Fish - Candy Coated Furry
- Hot Water Music - Existed
- The Maxies - Iceland Is Melting
Alex - Me
- Glen Hansard - Rhythm and Repose
- The Sidekicks - Awkward Breeds
- Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls
- Restorations - A/B 7”
- Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
- Hot Water Music - Exister
- Cheap Girls - Giant Orange
Share with us your favorites on Twitter: @side_one_dummy
We are thrilled to finally announce that one of our favorite bands, Restorations, has joined the SideOneDummy family. After their last self-titled record won the entire staff over, we could not stop talking about how great it would be to work with these guys. A couple months later and we’re announcing they are officially on the SideOneDummy roster and that we will be putting out their new record in early 2013.
Full Article Available at Punknews.org:
Los Angeles, CA - August 8th, 2012 - Philadelphia based atmospheric rockers Restorations have signed a record deal with Los Angeles based indie label SideOneDummy Records.
Singer/Guitarist Jon Loudon explained the bands decision to sign to SideOneDummy as, “All any band wants is to work with people that understand them. SideOneDummy has been on the same page with us every step of the way. Its a total thrill to be on the same label with so many classic, great bands too. Feeling really lucky that we get to make a record at this level with such a great team of people helping us out.”
The band will start tracking their sophomore LP at Miner Street Studios in Philadelphia on August 15th with producer Jon Low (Kurt Vile, Dr. Dog, mewithoutYou).
Fans of the band can expect something very unique to come out of the band. Loudon said, “I think the production is going to be really interesting. Jon Low and Miner Street have got a really unique personality. Super excited to run our songs through that place.”
SideOneDummy Records plans to release the bands second LP sometime in early 2013.
If you aren’t too familiar with the band, check out the video for “When You’re Older” from their last full length.
"In the last five years that I’ve had the opportunity of being on The Revival Tour, it’s been nothing but an invigorating breath of fresh air amongst the sea of live music out there today,” explains Americana singer/songwriter Chuck Ragan about the musical and cultural collaborative phenomenon that he helped create. “The revolving showcase of real music by real people in a simple grassroots fashion seems it originated in the old days from families and communities sharing music together, this is the simple ethic in live music events that we aim to revive.” The UK and European edition this Fall kicks off with a multi-national collection of amazing storytellers in Ragan, American singer/songwriter Cory Branan (who played on this past Spring’s US edition), Western Australia’s Emily Barker, Canada’s Jay Malinowski from reggae band Bedouin Soundclash and Texan Rocky Votolato.
Episode 16 of Complete Control Radio TV with host Joe Sib
- Xavier Rudd with a performance of “Follow The Sun” off of the new album ‘Spirit Bird.’
- Jon and Nick from The Swellers who just released a 7” titled “Vehicle City Blues”
- Comic Dustin YBarra who was in the movie “We Bought A Zoo” with Matt Damon
Check out the rest of the episodes over at The LipTV.
Oops… we spaced on letting everyone know that on Tuesday the 2012 Vans Warped Tour Compilation was released. This year there are TWO covers available. One features Rise Against and the other has All Time Low on the cover (pictured below).
As always, as we’re sure you’ve heard the legendary Jon Cheese say out on the Warped Tour, it’s “50 Bands for $5!”
Check out the tracklist:
1. Rise Against-Midnight Hands
2. Yellowcard-With You Around
3. Title Fight-Shed
4. The Used-Now That You’re Dead
5. New Found Glory-Summer Fling, Don’t Mean a Thing
6. Man Overboard-Rare
8. Transit-Skipping Stone
9. I Call Fives-Back Up Plan
10. Anti-Flag-Broken Bones
11. FourYearStrong-Not To Toot My Own Horn But, Beep Beep
12. We Are The Ocean-Overtime Is a Crime
13. Hostage Calm-The “M” Word
14. Polar Bear Club-Bottled Wind
16. Sharks-Able Moving Hearts
17. Make Do and Mend-Lucky
18. I Am The Avalanche-Holy %$#!
19. A Loss For Words-Wrightsville Beach
20. Chuck Ragan-Meet You In The Middle (acoustic basement)
21. Brian Marquis-They Used To Call It The Blues (acoustic basement)
22. Into It, Over It- P R O P E R (acoustic basement)
23. Koji-Giants Sleeping (acoustic basement)
24. Blacklist Royals- Brothers and Sisters (acoustic basement)
25. Nothington-Far To Go
1. All Time Low-Coffee Shop Soundtrack
2. Of Mice & Men-Ohioisonfire
3. Blessthefall-40 Days
4. Memphis May Fire- Prove Me Right
5. The Ghost Inside-Engine 45
6. Every Time I Die-Underwater Bimbos From Outer Space
7. Falling In Reverse-Good Girls Bad Guys
8. For Today-Fearless
9. Tonight Alive-Listening
10. We Are The In Crowd-Better Luck Next Time
11. Divided By Friday-Prove It
12. Sleeping With Sirens-Tally It Up, Settle The Score
13. Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!-In Friends We Trust
14. Neo Geo-Sex Robot
15. Miss May I- Hey Mister
16. I Wrestled a Bear Once-Button It Up
17. Skip The Foreplay-DJ
18. Vanna-I, The Remover
19. Chelsea Grin-Everlasting Sleep
20. Motionless In White-Abigail
21. Ballyhoo!-Last Night
22. Murderland-Another Homicide
23. Cold Forty Three-Hundred Dollar Bail
24. Jukebox Romantics-Monster Hands
25. Lost In Society-Everybody’s Gone
For those of you who are living in a digital world, you can purchase the comp or selected songs from the compilation on iTunes.
As mentioned earlier in the week, we signed Xavier Rudd. His new album is going to be called ‘Spirit Bird’ and will be released on June 5th.
Our Pre-Order is up for sale in our online store. Here are the options:
Check out the video for “Follow The Sun” from Spirit Bird
Brian Fallon recently performed at The Red Bull Music Academy in Asbury Park, NJ for their “On The Floor!” concert series. He briefly discusses the new album and had the crowd swooning over a “less talk, more acoustic” set.
Setlist: Greatest Expectations / American Slang / Old White Lincoln / Old Navesink Banks / Miles Davis & The Cool / Boxer / Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts / The ‘59 Sound / Here’s Looking At You Kid
Who else is excited about the new Gaslight Anthem record? We can’t wait!
The Horrible Crowes - Record Store Day 7” (Fingerprints Store Exclusive)
Were any of you at The Horrible Crowes Fingerprints In-Store? Normally an in-store would be a few songs but nope…not this one. The Horrible Crowes played the whole ‘Elsie’ album including the Katy Perry and INXS cover. ‘Twas a magical musical night. Coffee shop next door had some legit bold brew too. :)
Record Store Day Releases - April 21, 2012
Chuck Ragan performed for a Nervous Energies session while on the Revival Tour in Atlanta. If you’re never heard of Nervous Energies, chances are that you’re gonna bookmark the site and probably discover tons of great music/bands.
Chuck performed “Camaraderie of The Commons,” “Nothing Left to Prove” and “You Get What You Give” (video below)
Chuck along with a great cast of musicians/friends are still on The Revival Tour until the end of the month. Check out the Tour Dates and don’t miss out on this special tour.
The Horrible Crowes - “Ladykiller” Official Music Video
We uploaded this new video by The Horrible Crowes featuring footage from their show in Los Angeles at The Troubadour. Directed by Kevin Custer.