Xavier Rudd - Spirit Bird (Bing Lounge) (by KINK Radio)
Xavier Rudd North American Tour Dates:
July 07 – Toronto ,ON – T.U.R.F Festival
July 10 – Cleveland, OH – Beachland Ballroom
July 11 – Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall
July 12 – Apple Valley, MN – Minnesota Zoo Amphitheatre
July 13 – Winnipeg, AB – Winnipeg Folk Festival
July 18 – Halifax, NS – Olympic Hall
July 21 – Portland, ME – Port City Music Hall*
July 23 – New York, NY – City Winery*
July 25 – Asbury Park, NJ – Stone Pony*
July 26 – Baltimore, MD – Rams Head Live*
July 27 – Floyd, VA – Floydfest Music Festival*
July 31 – Phoenix, AZ – The Crescent Ballroom*
August 2 – Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
August 3 – Petaluma, CA – Petaluma Music Festival
August 5 – San Juan Capistrano, CA – Coach House*
August 6 – Solana Beach, CA – Belly Up Tavern*
August 7 – Solana Beach, CA – Belly Up Tavern*
August 11 – Bellingham, WA - Summer Meltdown Festival
August 16 – Loveland, CO – Arise Music Festival*
More shows to be announced.
Purchase tickets at www.xavierrudd.com
iTunes has all the above SideOneDummy releases for only $6.99 up until the beginning of the new year. You can take advantage of this offer now by clicking the links below for each release.
Title Fight - Floral Green
The Gaslight Anthem - The 59 Sound
The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
The Horrible Crowes - Elsie
Audra Mae & The Almighty Sound - S/T
Trapper Schoepp & The Shades - Run, Engine, Run
Chuck Ragan - Covering Ground
Xavier Rudd - Spirit Bird
Anti-Flag - The General Strike
Rev Peyton Big Damn Band - Between The Ditches
We Are The Ocean - Maybe Today, Maybe Tomorrow
We know we’re a lot over half of the year, but it’s never too late to share what some of our staff and friends have been jamming to in 2012. Maybe it’s just me, but I think it’s been fairly quiet this year as far as releases go. Hopefully the second half of 2012 is gonna pull out some big guns although it’s clear that the first half has convinced our participants that The Menzingers are not to be messed with. Here are some of our favorite records so far in 2012. Enjoy.
Johnny B - SideOneDummy’s very own Mr. “I Bet My Inbox Is Bigger Than Yours”
- Japandroids : Celebration Rock
- The Menzingers: On The Impossible Past
- Alabama Shakes : Boys and Girls
- The Lumineers: s/t
- Lucero: Women and Work
- Bruce Springsteen: Wrecking Ball
- Father Jon Misty: Fear Fun
Eddie - Reason Why Your SideOneDummy Releases Are At Your Local Record Store
- Hot Water Music - Exister
- Nada Surf – The Stars Are Indifferent To Astronomy
- Japandroids – Celebration Rock
- The Sidekicks – Awkward Breeds
- Xavier Rudd – Spirit Bird
- JD McPhereson – Signs & Signifiers
Matt Baldizzle - The NEW New Guy
- 1. The Downtown Struts - “Victoria”
- 2. The Menzingers - “…On The Impossible Past”
- 3. Hot Water Music - Exister
- 4. Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory
- 5. Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
- 6. Pennywise - All Or Nothing
- 7. Lucero - Women and Work
- 8. Anti-Flag - The General Strike
- 9. Best Coast - The Only Place
- 10. Cheap Girls - Giant Orange
Albums I haven’t gotten enough time to listen to that should be on the list: Mixtapes - “Even On The Worst Nights” and Teenage Bottlerocket - “Freak Out”
Tom Morris - Dude Is Into Bowie
- Jack White: Blunderbuss
- Alabama Shakes: Boys & Girls
- The Lumineers: S/T
- The Hives: Lex Hives
- David Bowie: Ziggy Stardust (40th Anniversary Remaster)
Thomas - Our In House French Translator
- Xavier Rudd “Spirit Bird”
- 1995 “La Suite”
- Alabama Shakes “Boys and Girls”
- The Virgins “S/T”
- Lowell “Demos”
Phoebe - Internus Helpalotus
- The Menzingers - On The Impossible Past
- Sharks - No Gods
- Hot Water Music - Exister
- Japandroids - Celebration Rock
- The Hives - Lex Hives
Dave McWane - Crooner for metal band Big D and The Kids Table
- Reel Big Fish - Candy Coated Furry
- Hot Water Music - Existed
- The Maxies - Iceland Is Melting
Alex - Me
- Glen Hansard - Rhythm and Repose
- The Sidekicks - Awkward Breeds
- Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls
- Restorations - A/B 7”
- Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
- Hot Water Music - Exister
- Cheap Girls - Giant Orange
Share with us your favorites on Twitter: @side_one_dummy
Xavier Rudd is touring the US and Canada. The link above directs you to purchase tickets for all current tour dates. US and Canada dates have the option to add a copy of his newest release, ‘Spirit Bird’ on CD or LP.
Episode 16 of Complete Control Radio TV with host Joe Sib
- Xavier Rudd with a performance of “Follow The Sun” off of the new album ‘Spirit Bird.’
- Jon and Nick from The Swellers who just released a 7” titled “Vehicle City Blues”
- Comic Dustin YBarra who was in the movie “We Bought A Zoo” with Matt Damon
Check out the rest of the episodes over at The LipTV.
From the opening moments of Spirit Bird there is an immediate sense Xavier Rudd has created something extraordinary for his seventh studio album. “Lioness Eye” mesmerises with its stomping bird call/yidaki intro and sets a blueprint for everything that follows.
Each song feels like…
Out today - Spirit Bird
Xavier Rudd is performing June 5th at Fingerprints Record Store in Long Beach.
‘Spirit Bird’ is the new album by Xavier Rudd and it releases June 5th as well.
Performance is at 7PM and to guarantee entry to this intimate performance, call Fingerprints to pre-order your copy of Spirit Bird.
Phone Number - 562.433.4996 See you there. Spread the word.
American Songwriter currently has another new track from Xavier Rudd’s new album titled ‘Spirit Bird.’ The new track is called “Comfortable In My Skin.” Follow the link to listen to this great track. Here is the piece on Xavier:
Australian singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Xavier Rudd will release his seventh studio album, Spirit Bird, on June 5. Listen to the album track “Comfortable in My Skin” below.
“‘Comfortable In My Skin’ came through me in a time when I was suffering from major nerve pain pre- back surgery,” says Rudd. “It was an interesting time of reflection for me as I have always been a physical person and to feel physically disabled was a new experience. There had been a lot of change and some heavy heart ache in my life in the years prior, and I felt like it had all manifested in my back and presented as a sign that it was time to move forward and remember to nurture myself more in this life. So, the song came from that place of rising up as an individual on a new path, giving thanks to the universe for my health and well being, and all the beautiful gifts life has brought me.”
Road testing the new Xavier Rudd album ‘Spirit Bird’ for the first time. New album is available June 5th, 2012.
Pre-Order the album at the SideOneDummy Online Store.
As mentioned earlier in the week, we signed Xavier Rudd. His new album is going to be called ‘Spirit Bird’ and will be released on June 5th.
Our Pre-Order is up for sale in our online store. Here are the options:
Check out the video for “Follow The Sun” from Spirit Bird